As a perk to the bloggers in my network, I offered a very short sales page critique of their digital products. This is just one of many critiques. Watching them should help you identify principles you can apply to your own sales pages.
Colleen’s product is Science for Smart Kids: Electricity and Magnetism. The main points of my screencast critique are outlined below the video.
Suggestions for improving this sales page to increase conversions
1. Unlink images from the image files or link them to something purposeful such as a shopping cart or a PDF sample.
2. Get rid of all links out. You want your only link out to be the shopping cart.
3. Make all of the sales copy focused on the potential customer. What will the buyer get from this book?
4. Make a short video introduction to the book where you outline the advantages the buyer gets from the book.
5. Use a larger and more prominent buy button.
6. Fix the blurry book image.
7. Add testimonial quotes from satisfied customers.
8. Optimize the title/alt tags of the images for Pinterest.
9. Use keyword-rich subheadings.
10. Use images to demonstrate the experiments in the book and be sure to use words to provide context about what the images represent.
11. Change page layout to no sidebar layout.
Sales page critiques are just one thing I do in a site and social media assessment package.